Patti Woods believes that it is essential to create environments that both complement and suit the lifestyle of the client, while creating something timeless and comfortable. Balance, light, color, and art are a part of every design, along with clean and simple furnishings. It is important while achieving the project goal, that there is always a synthesis of the architecture and interiors, along with the client’s desires, to create a home that is both beautiful and personal.
Here are the series of questions that Patti was asked in her exclusive interview with Kirk:
1. Describe your style in 3 words: Modern, eclectic, inviting
2. Talent you would most like to have: To sing like Maria Callas
3. Favorite film: The Three Colors Trilogy: Blue, White, Red. Beautiful french films.
4. Favorite travel destination: Anywhere in Italy. Positano is a wonderfully romantic place.
5. Man or woman whose style you admire most: For Fashion: Jane Birkin. She had such an ease with style and made anything look cool.
Interior Design: Vicente Wolf for his simplicity of design and sense of detail. I love the way he combines art, photography and design to create amazing spaces.
6. If you could live anywhere where would it be: Somewhere coastal. The beach feels like home no matter where I am.
7. Something about you no one would guess: When I was a young girl, I wanted to be a stand up comedian.
8. Song that makes you the happiest: Tied with Al Green’s “Love and Happiness” and “The Twist” by Chubby Checker because they always make me start dancing which I love to do.
9. Favorite moment of the day: Sunset. I am always inspired by the varieties of colors, and of course, the golden color of the sun across the sky.
10. What do you consider your greatest achievement: My two children. I feel fortunate to have been able to become a mother, and very lucky to watch them grow into young adults with their own identities and dreams.
11. Describe your dream job: A Production Designer for film; to be able to merge the world of interior design with the stories in film in order to create spaces specific and defining of the characters at that point in time.
Check out some of the photos of Patti’s incredible interior design work:
For more Disclosures interviews – Click here.